Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweet Baby Girl

This is the card I got done during Open Stamping on Sunday! It's for a new little girl born to a friend at church. Such a happy event!! I used a design paper (already forgot who made that one) and a piece of baby pink mulberry paper. The cardstock for the focal image was CTMH Baby Pink and the inks were Olive and Cotton Candy. I love the new Cotton Candy color! You can order it Wednesday, on-line (link on the right hand side). The stamp is from CTMH It's a Zoo.

I was surprised by urgent knock-knock-knock on my door this morning at 5-something. I was awake, but not dressed. Gathering my heavy robe around me, I hurried to the door. My neighbor was standing there and he was so happy to see me - it seems my garage door was standing open and he thought he saw something (someone?) . . . got worried about me and decided to risk waking me up to be sure I was alive. I'm not sure why God sent this angel to watch over me - but he does take care of me and I am very thankful. I've given it a LOT of thought and I really don't believe that I left the door up last night. It's very automatic for me to close it - I practically close it before I get out of the car!!! So, maybe someone was driving around trying garage door openers.

I have a security system and I use it faithfully. So, I went to work and didn't think of it again. When I got home everything seems fine. I always set it for "stay mode" at night so it goes directly into alarm if there is a breach. I am glad I have a neighbor who cares enough to stop in (and now I'll probably be on the receiving end of one of his comedy routines - something about how glamorous I am in a bathrobe!) ;-)

This is when I'd like to own a B-I-G dog.
Hugs!

9 comments:

Giovana said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I am glad you found my blog and glad I am found yours!!
What a story you have shared! I am always double checking doors, although our garage door is automatic and once we found it opened too!

HAve a great night.
God bless.
Giovana

Nancy Ball said...

Sharli, this is a very sweet card.

Sounds as though you also have a very sweet neighbour...nice to have someone close by looking out for you.

Also, Sharli, Thank you for always commenting on my blog posts. I do love to read comments...it feels good to know someone is reading my blog!

Laurel said...

Sweet card! It is so nice to have great neighbors!

Carla said...

Glad to hear all is well!!

Very sweet card - love the pink/green combo!

Kathi Carlson said...

I am glad you have a neighbor who watches over you, too!

Your card is so cute. I love the pink and green and am anxious to see the new CTMH pink.

Have a great Hump Day! Oh, and I will bet you do look cute in a bathrobe.

Alanna said...

Your card is super cute. I love those colors together.

I'm so glad your neighbor was watching out for you. Take care!

Carolyn said...

OMG thank God for caring neighbors!
Your card is adorable!!

Karen B. said...

So glad everything is all right! Thank goodness for nice neighbors! I gasped out loud and smiled like silly when I saw your card. Too cute!

Julia Aston said...

What a cute baby card Sharli! love that cunning giraffe!

how blessed you are with your watchdog neighbor! a comfort for you I'm sure!