Sunday, August 29, 2010

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Week 12

I was inspired by Lenet Mos and her WMS Star Christmas Card. Trying to make it my own, I used the Heart and made mine a valentine. It's okay - not as fabulous as Lenet's card, but pretty. The stamps are amazing to work with - I used Close-to-My-Heart Cotton Candy ink (new color available 9/1/10) and the lighter pattern paper is a CTMH oldie (i.e. retired) in Baby Pink. The bolder plaid is from Bo Bunny. The French writing on the background is a Stampin' Up stamp (I {heart} this stamp!). Can you say DIVERSE?

Today was Open Stamping at my house and we had a blast!!!!! I love my friends! They are so creative, funny, scary - they have hearts of pure gold and I trust them with my life. To be honest, I don't think I could be happy without my dear friends. They bring balance and purpose. I am so grateful for the days we spend together!

Well, I didn't mean to get all mushy - especially since I'm linking this post to a challenge! Ooops.

Hugs!

11 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card, love all the texture and the pink!

Carla said...

Very pretty - love the texture!

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! Great mix of stamps, too. I am happy to see the Nestabilities heart as well. Guess who finally ordered herself a set today? Your post convinces me it was a good idea. LOL.

Have a great week!

Lori said...

Your card is so pretty. I am so glad that you got to spend the day with your friends. That is something that I truly enjoy too.

Jeanne said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sharli! Wonderful colors and texture. I am glad you got to spend some good quality time with your friends!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Sharli! That heart image is one of my faves & you really did an amazing job featuring it! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful with the textures and layers. I really enjoy the subtleness of the lace behind the heart, brings a smile to my face.

Julia Aston said...

I just love this heart stamp Sharli! and what wonderful lacey ribbon shimmering there! Your group sounds like such fun!

thanks for playing with the WMS sketch again this week GF!!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card!!

Alice said...

this is so sweet!! love the lace trim in this! beautiful card!! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Everything combines together wonderfully! Gorgeous card!