Thursday, August 5, 2010

Get Well

Happy Thursday! I've been uber-busy this week and yet, very limited time in the play room . . . so sad. My tummy is still annoying me. I find that I'm easily distracted when that happens which explains the lack of productivity.

This card was another easy creation with more of the amazing papers that I found while cleaning up last weekend. The gold/black piece was my find! The music is from that roll of wrapping paper (yes!) and the little bit on the inside flap is a new stamp from Stampin' Up where the writing is in French. I sure hope it doesn't say rude things . . . I'd never know! LOL

The sentiment on the front of the card is a Waltzingmouse Stamps image - I sure do love Claire Brennan's designs! So, I'm looking forward to the weekend - perhaps I can catch my tail.

Namaste.

10 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card was worth the wait, my friend! It's beautiful. Your lovely "finds" remind me that I need to do a little organizing again soon. I know there are hidden treasures in my corner, too!

Hope you feel better by the weekend! It's been crazy busy here as well.

Have a great Friday, Sharli!

Laurel said...

A beautiful creation!

Jeanne said...

Your upset tummy sure hasn't affected your ability to create stunning cards, Sharli! Beautiful!!! But, I do wish it would settle down for you. Maybe it's something you need to get checked out?

I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Curt in Indy said...

First Sharli, this card is gorgeous!!!! That black and gold paper is so beautiful and adding the wrapping paper musical notes to it was brilliant! Then you go and make me laugh right out loud about hoping the writing on the paper inside didn't say rude things. You are adorable and so sweet! Secondly, I'm sorry about your stomach problems! I hope it's nothing serious. . .you take care of yourself! Best, Curt

Carolyn said...

TOTALLY GORGEOUS!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, Sharli, this is beautiful!

This is such an impressive card ... those colors, and that luscious gold ribbon, are so elegant and sophisticated!

LOVE it, Sweetie ... and I'm pretty SU didn't put any dirty French words on that BG stamp ... but who knows?!? LOLOL, I kid ...

Hope your tummy feels better soon ... have a great weekend!

Karen B. said...

This is simply beautiful. You've got a really nice balance here. I like that the smallish, intricate pattern of the gold pattern doesn't overpower the bigger pattern on the notes and vise versa. Sure hope your tummy feels better.

Alanna said...

This is very pretty Sharli. I love the gold ribbon. And I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Love your card design, Sharli, with all the various elegant coordinating papers and the lucious bow! Whoever might receive it is sure to feel better fast. Please get your tummy checked soon--I'm saying a prayer for you! Hope that your Sunday is a relaxing day & your new week starts out with you feeling much better! Have you tried Activia? (I don't mean to sound like a commercial!)

Julia Aston said...

I love the music DP on this - what a great get well card! hope you feel better soon Sharli!