Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Masculine card

I have a few men in my life that love to be outdoors!  So, I had my eyes open for a hunting/fishing stamp set when CTMH released this brand new stamp set in the 2016-2017 Annual Inspirations catalog.  It's a "B" size stamp (only $9.95) and has Happy Birthday, Happy Retirement, For You, and It's Your Day sentiments.  

I stamped the image using Momento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with watercolors and the water brush.  When it was dry, I went back over it with the new CTMH Shimmer Brush pen.  I hope you can see the shimmer in the close up!  The woodgrain paper is one of the new designs in the Annual Inspirations book also.  I paired Sapphire cardstock and a piece of twine-ribbon from my stash.  The mostly forgotten stapler was pulled out to make a more "masculine" statement.  *giggle*  Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Excellent masculine card, Sharli. Yep, can for sure see the shimmer and the texture on the side looks great. Nice coloring, too! Altogether terrific card. :)