Thursday, August 18, 2016

Gold Embossing and Watercolors


I've had several ideas floating around in my head that involve gold heat embossing of an open design, then watercoloring with the new CTMH paint set. Here is my first one. I used the Wavy Blooms D1651 (just retired?) and a sentiment from Verve. I first stamped the images of the flowers using VersaMark Clear and heat embossed with fine gold embossing powder. Then I set about watercoloring. The first night I fiddled and fiddled, and finally walked away from it. In the morning I was surprised to see it MUCH lighter than I thought I'd left it - so I began to layer in more color. This is when I thought to add some yellow to the upper left corner. The sentiment may have been snuggled a little too close to the flowers, but I still think it looks good. In order to flatten out the paper, I was heavy-handed with the adhesive and put it flat onto the card base (Colonial White).

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous!! Playing with watercolor "can" be fun! And you can also use your heat tool to dry it if you like so you can add more color more quickly. I think you did a fantastic job on this card! :) Hugs!