Sunday, August 28, 2016

Positive Chemistry - cased

I saw this fabulous card on a CTMH Consultant web-site and had marked it to come back to - in fact, I think it was the reason I bought this chemistry stamp set!  Well, that and I was a chemist in a former life.  LOL

The paper is a retired pack called Urban.  There are awesome masculine and interesting papers in this one. The corrugated metal look design paper had just a little help from some additional stamping with Positive Chemistry stamps.  The flasks were heat embossed with black, and watercolored (outside the lines on purpose!) - and some "haze" added inside the vessels.  I added a little sparkle to the bubbles.  It's not an exact copy of Laurie Varner's card, I changed 3 things, but the look is so close it would count as a copy!  Thanks Laurie for the inspiration!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a fun card, Sharli. I'd forgotten that you were a chemist before. I can see this set being right up your alley. You did a great job on the card. I like how you watercolored it. Great masculine card for sure! Have a great start to your week! Hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...wow, before you were an incredible crafter you were a chemist, very impressive! Love your card, so pretty.