Friday, August 5, 2016

Birthday critters

This was fun!  I was inspired by a card that had square windows - but I don't have all my die cuts in MN (they live in the AZ studio) and the best I could do was the hexagons.  The leaf die is call Lorelai Leaf and I have both the one you see here, and one that creates a branch with an open leaf (very cool!).  The papers and cardstock are all CTMH.  I used color pencils to color, and liquid glass on the eyeglasses of the little mouse.  So fun!  

I experienced my first tornado last night.  3 AM the local sirens went off - we scrambled out of bed and down to the basement (where I promptly fell back asleep - no kidding!).  I could feel the pressure in my ears - it was like a rapid descent in the airplane when you are a little congested. Slightly painful, and I couldn't hear a thing.  We were very lucky - just a few tree branches down and nothing hit our cars, house, shed, etc.  No real damages for our kids homes here either.  Whew!  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oooh, Sharli! I really like the use of the hexagons! What fun little windows for the critters to look out of. And the leaf die is really nice, too. I like the green behind the cut. So creative. Oh my, I don't think I'd be able to fall asleep if there was a tornado near. My adrenaline would keep me up, I'm sure. I definitely got a good sense of what it must have felt like, too. Thank goodness everyone and everything was okay when it was all said and done. Hugs!

Alanna said...

Your card is so cute. I love how the critters are peeking out of those windows.

I'm so sorry about the tornado. That must have been such a fright. I'm so glad everything is okay.