Saturday, August 20, 2016

More gold embossing - Swirly Seashells

I was inspired by Nancy Ball to make this card with the brand new CTMH Swirly Seashells stamp set.  The "Happy" is from the scrapbook special last Autumn (I'm telling you, don't miss out on these specials!). There are lots of sentiments that would look great on this card, however. 

I used VersaMark and gold embossing powder to heat emboss the big shell that is popped up.  The design paper (Cashmere?) was random stamped with Saddle ink.  The Happy was stamped with Sapphire blue.
I watercolored the shell with three colors of blue and the deepest purple.  I started light and used a tissue to dab off excess.  Then going back (over and over) to bring in more color. 

I had a spinal injection yesterday and feel pretty good today (but my doctor said that might just be the novocaine they injected).  I am very optimistic that it will truly help! 


2 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Thank you for mentioning me and I am happy to have inspired you. I love your version of the card, too. Take Care.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card! Great colors and fun design. Um a spinal injection sounds serious! Hope everything is okay. Hugs!