Friday, September 16, 2016

Fabulous You - Quick Card with Florence

I love this retired Close to My Heart stamp set.  It is so easy to create a card that looks like you worked for hours on it - and I've changed up this particular bird several times to look like a different bird!  Today it's a Chickadee.  (teacher, teacher . . .  chick-a-dee, dee, dee) I can hear them calling outside my window.  The chickadee is a fairly small bird but it's amazing how you can hear them yelling all over the neighborhood!  LOL

I used Florence papers, and the focal mat is a Picture My Life card that can be cut apart and used for quick scrapbooking. I added a little diagonal stripe zip-strip for some more interest.  The card base is creme brûlée - a color that has been discontinued but I will continue to show until it's all used up!

I'm still waiting for news on scheduling my surgery. Yikes - it's like waiting for my water to break or something! 

2 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love that sweet little bird! Wonderful way to say thank you.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card. Lucky you to be able to hear this little lovely. I hear birds outside, but mostly finches. Hopefully the surgery will get scheduled sooner rather than later. Waiting is so hard!! Hugs!