Friday, September 9, 2016

Hawaiian Hibiscus

I had to buy the CTMH stamp set Hawaiian Hibiscus - just HAD to, since 1) it's a flower (duh) and 2) we are going back to Hawaii next spring -   Woot!! When we were there on our honeymoon I kept taking photos of every hibiscus I saw - thinking that I'd collect a photo of every color there is.  Hahahahaha!  I read at a garden sign post somewhere near the end of our trip that there are thousands of colors and varieties of hibiscus, some even have ruffled edges! So, I felt much better about the artistic license I took with these.

What I did was heat emboss the flowers and leaves onto watercolor paper and then use the CTMH watercolor paint set to layer color.  I love the blending of colors!  I even love the details of the white embossing powder.  Then I used rose-gold sequins in the center of the smaller flowers and a bit of green ribbon from my stash.  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! Wow, I had no idea so many varieties of hibiscus existed. Your version is lovely! I, too, like how the colors blended on the flowers and the leaves, too, it looks like. I notice you used a pretty background stamp on the blue panel. That adds a nice touch. All around wonderful card! Have a great weekend. Hugs! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness.....this is one gorgeous card. Your flowers are simply stunning, just love this card!