Monday, September 19, 2016

See ya later, Alligator!

I saw a card like this on Pinterest a long time ago and saved the idea.  While organizing all my stamp sets into Evernote (awesome tool!) I realized that I have a super alligator stamp - so I gave the card a shot!  The only tricky part was the reverse image stamp of the alligator who is going the other way.  What I did was get the stamp good and juicy, then stamped it onto a clean, blank acrylic block and then onto the paper.  You have to be careful to stamp straight down and up - to avoid slipping.  I love that my reverse alligator looks a little different - all fancy with puckers and a darker green color (the color was planned, not the puckers!).  Fun!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

What a darling card Sharli. I love all those fun alligators and how clever to do the mirror image stamping so one could face the other way. Super cute!

Jeanne said...

Adorable. Well, as adorable as alligators can be. The concept is a great one and you implemented it so well. Bravo! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!