Saturday, September 3, 2016

Rustic Home Fundamentals - card #2

This time I used an old CTMH stamp of the month that had big sunflowers!  I love sunflowers - I don't think one can have too many of them!  LOL  I used the technique where you cut the image mat smaller than the whole image so that some of it falls off the paper.  I stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black and colored with water color pencils.  The sentiment was a Waltzingmouse Stamps one.  Again, that amazing rose gold paper (it's vellum paper with the metallic stripe).  To adhere it to the card base I used the 1/8" Scor-Tape and placed it on three stripes (top, middle, bottom).  I love it when I can use vellum without the adhesive showing!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lovely! Sunflowers are so pretty and smile inducing. It's no wonder they are a favorite. I like the technique you used to have a bit of the sunflower extend past the edge. It looks really neat. And yay for being able to hide adhesive on vellum. That's always a good thing! Great looking card, Sharli! Thanks for sharing. Hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous sunflowers...love the incredible look you created with that stunning background! Wishing you a fabulous weekend.