Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Smooshing

It's not at all surprising that I'm late to the smooshing party. I usually don't have all the elements needed to try out a new technique.  This one, I was missing clear acrylic sheets (although in hind-sight I could have used something from the berry or grape tomato baskets).  I used Raspberry, Tangerine and Blossom colors - all brand new from Close to My Heart.  I rubbed the ink pads directly onto the plastic sheet, then spritzed it with a spray of water and then smooshed it over the watercolor paper.  I went back to add and blend in a little bit - but it was basically like this first time out.  

I added a Verve sentiment that I absolutely love on a die cut that might have been Papertray Ink.  The thin silk ribbon in yummy grape color required a piece of design paper from Basic Gray and rather than create a simple mat, I decided to shape both ends of the focal piece.  It was really an easy card to make and fun!  I'm looking forward to having a little more work area (in AZ) so I'm not so squashed when I am smooshing!  LOL

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful work, Sharli! Yay for trying out new techniques whenever you can get the supplies. There's no timetable that I am aware of (and thank goodness for that). I really like the colors you chose. That sentiment is beautiful and so encouraging! Hugs!

Julia Aston said...

Your background came out wonderfully Sharli! so pretty with the die cut sentiment panel and lovely ribbon!

Kim Heggins said...

oh my....simply incredible smooshing Sharli! Love the wonderful colors you used, lovely!

maria f. said...

Oh those colors, Sharli! Luscious. And a fabulous design to show off your smooshing. Addicting, I mean fun isn't it?