Thursday, September 1, 2016

I broke down and got the "One in a Melon" stamp set so I could have the two pineapple images!  After all, we will be spending 2 months in Hawaii in 2017 and I am still trying to finish our honeymoon scrapbook from 2012 (can you say "behind"? - Sure you can!).  This was inspired by a lovely creation by Melissa Phillips.  Most of her cards are way to advanced for me, but I thought I could pull this one off.  The sentiment  and the little twigs are from the CTMH stamp set  "Happy to Be Friends".  The leaves are from a retired Petite Perks set.  The black with tiny white dot paper is a current CTMH but the others are retired.  The ink I finally picked for the pineapple was Sorbet - the inks really changed when put over the Bamboo cardstock scrap that I was using.  The chicken wire is one from Distress Backgrounds (also retired).  

The weather here is absolutely glorious today!  The high is predicted to be 77, the sky is clear, deep blue and there are birds singing and wind gently moving the tree boughs.  I have the perfect location for my studio - upstairs in a corner room with West and North facing windows. Lucky me!


2 comments:

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. I love the pineapple image. How fun that you will be spending two months in Hawaii next year. What a treat!

Jeanne said...

Oh boy, such a pretty card! That pineapple image looks great and I like your choice of background papers, too. I will second Alanna's comment about being able to spend two months in Hawaii. Heck, even going a second time. I've never been once and probably never will go. Enjoy some of your time there for me, okay? Oh and your studio space and view sounds heavenly. Just the other day I was commenting to Amy on how beautiful our sky looked. A beautiful blue with fluffy white clouds. After all the haze from the fires this summer, it was really striking to see the beautiful blue! :) Have a lovely weekend!