Sunday, September 11, 2016

Z-fold card




The Z-fold card is not new, but this is the first time I've tried to make one!  It really wasn't hard at all.  The card base is 4 1/4" x 11 inches and it is scored at 2 3/4"  and 5 1/2".  The narrow piece (yellow chevron in my card example) is 1" x 11" and has the same score marks.
I used pieces of clear plastic from a strawberry package (after it was washed, of course) and cut roughly 3/8" by all sorts of lengths.  The clear plastic strips were adhered to the yellow strip with strong adhesive and the floating element (in my example, butterflies) at the top.  If you divide this card mentally into four sections:
1. Green
2. Thistle diagonal
3. blue chevron at fold
4. blue chevron at right
Then the 3rd section of floating elements will have their backs out when the card is folded closed (see first photo). This is where I added butterflies to both sides of the plastic strips.

I promise, this is not as hard as I've made it sound! Give it a try!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Oh wow, what a neat looking card. I have never seen this type of fold before, I think it's fabulous. Then you used such fun papers on each section. They are bright and vibrant. Then you added butterflies and butterflies make every card more fabulous. I was able to follow along quite well with how you decribed making it. Terrific card. Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great week, Sharli! Hugs! :)