Monday, October 11, 2010

Surprise in my mailbox!!!

Recently there was a fabulous challenge going on that I wanted to jump into and I e-mailed my friend Curt O'Brien to ask if I could use any other stamps for this challenge since I didn't have any House Mouse stamps (yet!). Curt replied that I needed to use House Mouse stamps and he would send me a couple of images so I could join in the fun! Look what I found in my mailbox!!!!! This darling box (carefully wrapped in a protective bubble wrap bag)!!
Check out the details! I love the silver on the magnifying glass and that the lens is shiny with glass! The larger photo didn't quite capture it so I was careful to grab a close-up!
This shows the box starting to open - the luscious ribbon (chocolate - of course) slips off and the lid lifts up . . .
A couple of images?!?!!!! I don't think there was one design in the pack that didn't have two stamped images. I asked Curt if this was because he knew that if I only had one, I would never be able to give it away? His reply was that he likes to have two so when he messes one up he has another try! Oh my goodness - I can't imagine Curt ever messing anything up!
To top it all off - this lovely fall card - with a sweet note. I am truly blessed - and to think that 2 years ago I didn't really even know what a blog was! Now I have dear "blog friends" all over the world. Friends that make me feel warm and fuzzy - loved. I am honored by this gift and I will treasure Curt's artwork! I couldn't wait to share them with you so that you can oooooo and aaahhhh over them, too.
By the way - I will most likely be posting some cards with these House Mouse images in the very near future! ;-)

Hugs!!

8 comments:

Carla said...

What a great surprise! So nice of him to send you those images!!

Love this card and can't wait to see more!

Scossie Jane said...

Lucky you Sharli. I have 'known' Curt since he started his blog and he is such a nice, genuine person - this gift he has sent you showcases his generosity and friendship perfectly - enjoy your HM images - can't wait to see what you do with them..... Hugs xx

Jeanne said...

What a wonderful surprise! I'm thrilled for you, Sharli to have come in contact with some fabulously talented and generous friend via the internet. You certainly will have a grand time creating cards with those images. Yay for you!

The cards he created are just beautiful. What a talented guy!

Curt in Indy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curt in Indy said...

Hey Sharli! You are way over the top too nice to me!!! This was just a little something that I wanted to do. However everyone reading this comment. . . what Sharli didn't mention is that it took me FOREVER to get these to her and she missed out on the challenge. I felt really bad. But Sharli is always so gracious and leaves me the most wonderful comments. It is me who is the lucky one to have such a great blogging friend! Glad you liked the package Sharli! Best, Curt

Alanna said...

What fun mail. How sweet. I can't wait to see the cards you create using those great images.

Unknown said...

I'm oooooing and ahhhhhhing! Blogging & scrapping friends are THE BEST, aren't they? What a sweet surprise from Curt! Looking forward to seeing your House Mouse creations, Sharli!

Kathi Carlson said...

What a fun surprise! If I weren't so deathly afraid of mice, I'd probably have to have a House Mouse or two. LOL.