Friday, October 22, 2010

Ta Da!

My very first House Mouse project! This was one of the many images that Curt sent to me - I colored it up with color pencils and OMS (odorless mineral spirits). The photo makes the image look washed out - it wasn't super strong in real life but it was more "substantial" than it looks here! LOL

I also copied the little box that Curt created. It has enough room inside to tuck a treasure or two - I'm sure I'll be turning to this design again and again!

Well - I tried Yoga at a new studio tonight. My favorite Yoga instructor (Linda) was teaching there and urged me to come give it a try. I'd follow Linda anywhere - she's that good. This studio is lovely and the class was excellent. It felt just right. I felt strong again, and left the class feeling the bliss. I will sleep tonight. So very happy.

Namaste.

12 comments:

Laurel said...

Too cute!

stampmonkey said...

Your HM gift box is so sweet, Sharli! How nice of your friend to gift you with so many cute images. ;)

Glad you're feeling strong enough to get back into your regular yoga classes again, and it's great that you enjoy your instructor enough to follow her around like that.

Sleep well, and enjoy your weekend!

hugs,
Christi

Unknown said...

Your coloring looks great to me, Sharli--what a darling mouse design!

Carla said...

Super cute Sharli!

xiumaiyuki said...

Darling, darling card! That House Mouse image is too darn cute and your coloring really did it justice. I find myself really liking the washed out effect. Sounds like you had a great night at Yoga. Nothing beats a good nite of sleep.

Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I really appreciate them! I'm having a blast browsing thru your blog. Your cards are beautiful! Will be by often. :) Have a great weekend!

Jeanne said...

What a happy, cheerful card, Sharli! I think it is just right!

So glad you got to try a new studio for your yoga and that you have such a good instructor to follow around. It sounds like it's perfect for you.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Karen B. said...

Oh, I recognize this! So cute! And so beautifully crafted too!

Kathi Carlson said...

Your box is awesome, Sharli, and the image - so very cute!

How nice to come home from yoga feeling so good. Have a great weekend, sweet friend!

Lori said...

Aww. That little mouse is just too sweet.

Curt in Indy said...

You did a wonderful job on this Sharli!!! I LOVE that turquoise color with the brown and kraft card stock. That is such a great color combo. Your coloring is fabulous on this image. I'm so glad you like the images I sent. Great post! Best, Curt

Alanna said...

Super cute image and I love the card design.

Carolyn said...

How did i miss this one? Love it, too cute!! I too love the card fold!!