Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another wonderful gift!!

Can't we all benefit from a "mailbox hug" now and then? This was a second delightful surprise in my mailbox in a two week period! I know, I know - right about now you're wishing you were me! Me too!! LOL

This gift came from Karen Baker. She used some tapes on a card recently and I commented that I hadn't tried them yet. She remembered my comment and sent this generous selection of delightful tapes (some paper, some cloth!) and a beautiful card! I am just thrilled - I love Karen's work! I hope that I don't hoard them forever, but instead, use them to create something worthy. (no pressure)

It's Thursday evening - I have another weekend set aside for my own mental health - and that just seems so extravagant. Luxurious. Indulgent. Well, I will do a few chores and some yard work - but the weather is going to be "heavenly" (low 70's) so being outside will be a relief after being cooped up all summer long! I hope to get a good running start on my 100+ Holiday cards this weekend. My list has grown every year - and I keep a scrapbook of the cards and annual letter that goes out to close friends and distant family. It's kind of fun to look back and see what my style was in 1999 . . . if you know what I mean!
Do you make cards for the holidays? (I use the term Holidays because I make about 95 Christmas cards and some Hannukah cards, too)

Hugs!



3 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli, how fun to receive goodies in the mail! I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend in that beautiful weather... we are supposed to get snow in the next few days, and I hate snow! I want Indian Summer to last forever... Wow, you make 100 cards? I can't wait to see some of those... I have made a few cards in the past, I need to get my things out and try again, yours are all so pretty!... xoxo Julie Marie PS I would love to hear your ghost story!

Karen B. said...

100 cards? Whoa, you are ambitious! This is such a fitting post as I received your mailbox hug today as well, and it almost made me cry! You are way too sweet, thank you so very much!

Unknown said...

Enjoy that heavenly weather! Love the card--I didn't even know about tapes. I always learn something by following you, Sharli!