Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thanks to You

This card was a quick thank you note for a colleague who went 150% the other day at work - who needed to know that the effort was appreciated. I loved how fast it went together. I used kraft cardstock, outlined the largest rectangle nestability on the outside of the die using a black micron pen, and stamped the Waltzingmouse Stamps images on Close-to-My-Heart Olivia design papers and cut them out. The flower is on 1/8" foam adhesive - so just barely popped up. The "Thanks to YOU" image was from another WMS stamp set.

So - Sunday was amazing as well - every weekend should be so wonderful! When I am queen, they all will be. I had toyed with the idea of going to the 5 PM church service Saturday night - but got so engrossed in the craft room that I missed it! So, I set my alarm to attend the 8 AM service - but hit the snooze one too many times and slept through that one as well. I showered and at the last minute pulled on a new blouse - a little surprise from my usual Sunday casual. There was a reason - apparently. I had completely forgotten that I was an usher today for the 10 o'clock service - but God knew. I enjoy ushering (Oh please, don't let Bill read my blog - he'll schedule me more often!!). I love greeting my church family and having a role in the service - however small.

My weather was beautiful - so the yard work and even some cleaning in the garage were such a joy! Normally I'd be "melting" - but today was perfect!
I've got just a couple of details to handle then it's off to bed! I'm ready for the new week!

Hugs!

12 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Sharli... so glad you had a nice Sunday... thanks for visiting my Halloween post! Would love to hear your ghost tale... xoxo Julie Marie

Laurel said...

This is so pretty!

Jeanne said...

Such a pretty card, Sharli. Your co-worker will no doubt be happy to have her efforts recognized.

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Yay! I hope your week continues along the same lines as well. Giggled at your when I am queen comment...*Ü*

Carolyn said...

Very pretty, I'm sure your friend will appreciate it! How sweet of you!!

Alanna said...

Your card is so pretty. I love how you did the frame.

Kathi Carlson said...

Gorgeous card. I love how you stamped the flower on patterned paper, and your drawn/traced frame was remarkably well done.

I love the rest of your post, too. It's like good news!! I wish you a week of days just like your Sunday was.

Anonymous said...

Sharli my friend, you did a wonderful job on this. It is beautiful and they will be happy with it I'm sure. Our weekend and even through to today...High winds, and coastal flood warnings...pretty windy even had some thunder storms.

Love your work and what a wonderful weekend you had. Hugs!!

Julia Aston said...

Your cut out rose and stem look gorgeous on this Sharli!

Carla said...

Oh - this is so pretty Sharli!!
I absolutely love it!

Curt in Indy said...

I always forget to use this wonderful technique of drawing the line with a Nesty. It is perfect on this card and I love how it makes the sentiment look. What a great story about the 10:00 services. Good thing you didn't sleep through that one! Best, Curt

Vonney said...

To all my SCRAPBOOK FRIENDS. The IRS seized a RUSTY PICKLE'S SCRAPBOOK WAREHOUSE today. All items will be for sale on Saturday October 30 at 11:00 a.m. MST. Please go the the attached link for more information! I am sad I cannot shop for SCRAPBOOK SUPPLIES myself...but that is the down side for being an IRS employee.

http://www.ustreas.gov/auctions/irs/slut_misc_4797.htm

Carolyn said...

Verry Pretty!!