Saturday, October 23, 2010

Count Your Blessings!

This card is performing double-duty - I will use it next Sunday for the technique of the month (stamping on glossy cardstock) and am entering it in the Stamp Simply weekly challenge of which the theme is Thankfulness. I like it when something can be used twice! It's like "recycling"!

Edited to add: I skipped over the requirement to SAY what I'm thankful about! I love being able to go into my craft room and create something with the things available. I love yoga class, sleep, and feeling strong again. I love a day when I get to "talk" with my DD (I miss her so much!). There are a thousand things every day that I'm thankful for - I love my blog-friends and seeing all the amazing things you create, too. I guess this short list probably fits the bill.

First I should update about the Yoga class - I know I gushed about how much I enjoyed it - but the "good night's sleep" - well, that's something to write home about! I slept 10 hours. Really! And I awoke feeling full of energy,joy, and was able to move pretty much right away.

What a delight today has been - as I have spent it mostly in the craft room (with a lovely interlude to Skype with my DD and enjoy her new hairstyle and other ramblings!) I'm well over half-way creating the Phase 1 of my cards for the holidays; 35 Christmas cards in one design. The limiting factor this year (there is always something that limits the number of cards for any one design) is the red buttons. And I thought I had enough red buttons to last the rest of my life! Guess not. (giggle)

After church tomorrow I do need to run a couple of quick errands, but then I get more time to play! Hope you have a great Sunday.

Hugs!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Very nice, love the number background!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli, that is so pretty... and you are right, there are so many things we need to count as our blessings each day... wishing you a beautiful, relaxing Sunday... xoxo Julie Marie

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! The idea of the numbers as the background is really clever. Yay, for double duty!

I'm thankful for your blog, Sharli, as you are so upbeat and grateful in all your posts!It's very refreshing and one can feel your genuine-ness (not sure if that is a word).

Hey, if you need some red buttons, I've got a bunch! Let me know! *Ü*

Hope you have an equally wonderful Sunday!

Curt in Indy said...

This card is done in all of my favorite earth tone colors. This is such a beautiful card. Love the stamped image on this one! Best, Curt

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Sharli. I love the background.

Carolyn said...

OH MY, what a gorgeous card! Love the glossy paper tech!!
I love your blog & love you too! :)