Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Metal Challenge

On Friday my friend Deb Neerman posted her entry for the Stamp Simply challenge of the week. She wrote:

This week, Sharon has us rockin' with "hard rocks!" Think metals and stones as added elements for your project including metallic pens, metallic papers, rhinestones, gold, silver, and diamonds. Feel free to use copper, rubies, emeralds, pearls, etc. Use these types of beauties to embellish and enhance your rockin' creation!

I decided that I could make a card with "metal" and this is the result! I was amazed that the silver embossing photographed to look like silver and not just a gray swirl. Hmmm, I wonder what I did differently?! If you know - give me a clue!

Hugs!

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh so very pretty!

Karen B. said...

If you find out, can you let us know? Your photograph really shows off the metallic so nicely! Great design too, love the argyle on the bottom.

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli, that is so very pretty! I love cards that are embossed... xoxo Julie Marie

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Sharli! Could the flash have reflected off the embossing just right? I don't know, but it sure looks great.

Carolyn said...

What a pretty card!! I love seeing metal on cards/pages!

Unknown said...

Sharli, the metal embellies and your silver flourish are so pretty with the paper and ribbon! Great job, friend! (Those little metal babes are still sitting on my work table...need some TIME here!)

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, my friend!

xiumaiyuki said...

Beautiful, elegant card! That streak of silver is just the perfect touch.

Curt in Indy said...

It is the angle and did your flash go off? Whenever I use silver embossing and I use a flash, I get this effect. Beautiful card! Best, Curt