Sunday, October 3, 2010

Something for Card Making Day - a day late.

I didn't get to stamp on National World Card Making Day - but I sure wanted to! I finally got into the craft room today and made this simple card - I like how it turned out! It uses the CTMH Olivia papers (5 x 1" strips) on a base of Barn Red cardstock and then popped up for dimension over a card base of Bamboo. The sentiment (PTI) is embossed with Cocoa embossing powder and sponged with Bundled Sage (Tim Holtz distress ink) with the Spellbinder die still in place (to create the white edge). The butterfly was punched from a Martha Stewart punch that I finally bought - it's lovely, isn't it? I'm sure I could have used a few products from other companies if I'd actually tried!!! LOL

Interesting weekend - let's just say that I'm ready for the new week and hoping for a good one. I have certainly enjoyed visiting everyone's blogs and seeing all the creativity flowing - you are absolutely amazing!!! I have saved so many things to my inspiration folders that I really don't need to make anything new ever again, I can just copy you! ;-)

Have a good week!

12 comments:

Carla said...

Great card Sharli!!

Terrie Dodd said...

Beautiful Sharli! It has been crazy at work lately hasn't it...I hope things get back to a more tolerable pace soon. Thanks for posting your daughters site too, I'm really enjoying it! She is so beautiful....you have every right to be very proud! Have a great week my friend.

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful card, Sharli. Those papers are lovely.

I hope you have a great week!

Alanna said...

This is SO pretty Sharli. I just love those new papers and they look great all together.

whoistracy said...

This is lovely! Those strips are gorgeous. Love the fall feel this has to it.

Karen B. said...

We can copy you too Sharli! This card is lovely and I am just dreaming of my scrap pile and what I could use in this design.

Curt in Indy said...

This is stunning! Those strips go so well together. Beautiful card! Your weekend sounds a little ominous! I hope everything is OK and you are doing OK too. Don't want anything going bad for one of my favorite blogging buddies!!! Best, Curt

Pauline said...

A lovely autumn card, and a really sweet sentiment too. Love all these autumn colours every where

Ros said...

Hi Sharli ... so nice of you to pop by by blog and leave a comment ... you made some great Halloween cards and love your yoga one too .... Have a lovely day

Kathi Carlson said...

So pretty, Sharli! The Olivia paper is stunning and so much fun to work with.

I hope the good week you were hoping for is happening! Take care, friend.

Unknown said...

I'm loving your Olivia stripped-card with the pretty butterfly! Thanks for being a faithful visitor and commenter on my blog, and have a GREAT rest of the week!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card! Love the paper!!