Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yoga!

Just a quick post tonight - I enjoyed a wonderful Yoga practice this evening and am feeling so relaxed and happy. Ohm. I haven't been for a couple of weeks now - the last time I did Yoga I did something to my knee (the one that had surgery) and it really set me back. So, I've been babying it and praying (a LOT) and today felt that I was strong enough to try a modified practice. It was good and I am filled with gratitude.

So - it seems fitting to share my most recent card! I found these amazing stamps (there are 5 all together) at American Art Stamp. I bought them all. This was the first one I got wet - it's "Side Angle Pose". I used the pattern paper from the Close-to-My-Heart Grace paper pack and the top piece is the backside of a design paper from CTMH Magnifique - I stamped and colored right on the design paper. The coloring is a bit amateurish - I should have opted for pencils and OMS instead of markers. But, I was impatient. Next time.

Namaste.

11 comments:

Laurel said...

So cute!

Jeanne said...

I'm sure you love these stamps since you love yoga so much. Sorry to hear you tweaked your knee and I hope you can do a regular yoga routine again soon.

Your card is just lovely, Sharli!

Cibele Glazer said...

Your card is beautiful!! but I can tell you this is one of those positions that will take me a LOT of practice. LOL.

Unknown said...

Great yoga card, Sharli! Those stamps were a real FIND! Keep your knee strong and stretch gently. :) Hugs & happy weekend!

SmilynStef said...

Pilates is my workout of choice, but I love the peace of yoga too ... fabulous card ... hang in there with your knee and don't overdo it.

stampmonkey said...

Glad you were able to start back up with your yoga again and hope that your knee will be good as new in no time. Your card is really pretty too...markers and all. ;)

Take goodcare of yourself!

big hugs,
Christi

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Sharli! Happy your knee is better & you are back to doing YOGA :)

Carolyn said...

Cute card!! I never did yoga but by the looks of the pose it must work. hehehehe
Glad your knee is better! Prayer changes things, doesn't it?! :)
Happy Sunday my friend!!

Julia Aston said...

I bought several of these Yoga stamps too Sharli! then had to stop Yoga because of arthritis in th knees - I need to get them out and use them - love your pretty card here!

Curt in Indy said...

What a perfect image for you to use! The papers are stunning with this. They look "yoga ish", calm and serene LOL! Pretty colors too! Glad to hear that you are doing your Yoga. Just don't overdo it again! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

The stamp is really unique it caught my eye right away! The colors you chose and your layout really works to accentuate the stamp! Very cool.... and calm! Thanks for you cute comment btw!