Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Triple Play stamps - another possibility

This was inspired by Tresa Black - she created a "Fabulously Artsy" card recently to show off ways to use this new stamp set! I copied her - as much as I could. LOL There may be one detail I should admit to - with my card I used a piece of CTMH daisy white cardstock, and covered it with the Tim Holtz distress ink in "Spun Sugar" to create the pale pink background. The images were stamped over that with CTMH Cotton Candy and then accented with the white pen.

I had the strangest morning - it reminded me of one of my frequently recurring nightmares! I set my alarm for 45 minutes earlier than I needed today so I could shower leisurely, perhaps fix a hot breakfast . . . and leave for work a little early. I had a teleconference webinar today and wasn't confident that I could manage logging into both things - so I wanted lots of extra time to figure it out! LOL Well, I really don't know what happened - I got up on time, and showered about the same as always. By the time I got into the car, the dash board clock indicated that I was actually running 15 minutes LATE! Oh No!!! I dashed into the office with just enough time to throw down my things and pick up the phone to dial the number. I was still trying to log onto the computer when the chairperson for the committee asked me to introduce myself to everyone. I'm lucky I remembered my name!! Holy cow.

How was your day?

10 comments:

Laurel said...

So pretty, love the pink!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli... your card is so pretty! Sorry you had a bad day... not sure how those things seem to happen sometimes!... hope it all went well... xoxo Julie Marie

Karen B. said...

My day yesterday sounds a bit better than yours! Beautiful card, lovely color combination.

Jeanne said...

I guess I am out of the loop on the Tim Holtz stuff (most new items are purposely kept off my radar so as not to be tempted). Not sure how you got that pink background. But I love it and the Cotton Candy color with the white as accents. Lovely card.

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry you had a rough start to your day. That you muddled through it hopefully means you'll quit having that nightmare! And I hope the rest of your day went better.

Jamie Harder said...

Well I am glad that you made it on time!!! Hate that rushed feeling though!!

Love the pink and black on your card!!!

Julia Aston said...

I love how you made your "DP" Sharli! what great colors and the white gel pen accents it so well!

How frustrating that you planned extra time and then lost it somehow!!! that can just throw you're whole day off - glad to hear you were able to connect to your conference!

Unknown said...

Love the card colors, Sharli! What an exhausting Tuesday--hope your Thursday is MUCH better for you! BTW, I'm going to YoGa 2nite!

Anonymous said...

Sharli, I hate that kind of morning when no matter what you do the rest of the day you seem behind. Hope everything went better for you the rest of your day. That card is so pretty and so elegant. Might have to try the technique. I still need to watch more of Tresa's videos...she is the queen...lol. Hugs Sharli!!

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli. I can't wait to see the new Cotton Candy in person - tomorrow! A new, pretty pink will be awesome.

I am sorry to hear about your morning. It sounds like you pulled it off the conference call successfully though, which does not surprise me.

Woo hoo! It's Friday tomorrow. Are you looking forward to the weekend? Dumb question probably. LOL. Take care, friend.

Lynn Mercurio said...

A perfect creation for any sweet little girl. Wonderfully done!