Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another Baby Girl on the way!

I had fun playing with this card - even if it did take me HOURS to complete it! LOL It should have been a 30 minute card. I used the clear embossing over a stamped pattern, then sponged color over the clear embossing. I like the effect of the partial words showing through the sweet little animal characters. I'm not sure where I got the white paper with the dots, but the stamps are Close-to-My-Heart and the inks are Honey, Sweet Leaf, and Baby Pink. The writing underneath was in Bamboo.

It's Friday (after sleeps)! What a week - I've been dragging . . . and am not quite sure how I got through this week. I have a fairly low-key weekend planned with (I hope!) some time to spend in the craft room - AFTER I finish staining the fence (that simply MUST get done this weekend!)

Namaste.

16 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh this is sweet, love the pretty colors!

Jamie Harder said...

That bow is GORGEOUS!! Love your card!!!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty and I LOVE that big bow.

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm with Alanna. I love the beautiful bow! This is a great card for a baby girl.

You and me both... dragging through the week. Saturday is soon, my friend. We'll make it.
Have a great Friday.

Jeanne said...

Lovely and sweet card with a gorgeous bow, Sharli! Well worth the extra effort to complete it.

Good luck on your project, friend! I know you can do it! And hopefully get the rest needed so next week won't drag so much. LOL

Rachele Funk said...

It's beautiful! Love it! Lovely weekend for the fence. . . 107' on Saturday. . . sure it can't wait?!?!?

Karen B. said...

This is way too cute, and such a clever design.

Tammy said...

the words showing through is a lovely effect.

Mona Pendleton said...

Cuuute card Sharli! Love how you embossed those darling images! Lots of luck with your yardwork! PLEASE drink lots of H20!

Monique said...

So Sweet Sharli!! This is a wonderful baby card.. the big bow with the little pin is wonderful!!

Lexxie said...

Love your card Sharli, and the technique you have used with the sponging.
really pretty Sharli,
Love Sarita xx

Carolyn said...

Love this, clear embossing!! Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card--it's ALL GIRL! Lucious bow & pretty pin! Uber love it!

Julia Aston said...

A sweet baby card Sharli! love the little animals and your wonderful ribbon/bow! Hope you got that fence stained!!

Anonymous said...

Sharlie your card is perfect for a baby card with the little extras. Love everything on it. We just got back from California and am so tired, but still unable to sleep. I'm with you on the long week, but the weekend was FANTASTIC. See you soon...in the funny papers!! Iona

Cibele Glazer said...

GORGEOUS! It would have taken me 2 days just to make that bow. :)