Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Happy Birthday MAN card!

This weekend my mission (that I accepted gladly!) was to make 14 birthday cards, one of which must be masculine. I created this interesting offering! I thought I'd share and delineate the reasons I think it might be "okay" for a MAN card.

1. Distressed
2. Neutral - woodsy colors
3. No ribbons, bows, or buttons (or bling - yikes!)
4. Simple
5. To the point.

I think the papers are from Basic Gray - the sentiment is Close-to-My-Heart from the set that has ALL the birthday greetings in one set - the colors of ink were Cocoa and Olive. I regret that CTMH retired the textured cardstock (the little band of cocoa paper that I sanded to reveal the white core) because it always added so much interest to a project.

I'm SO glad it's almost Friday - what a long (short) week!! LOL Why are the short weeks so difficult? Do we really work harder - or is it just that we enjoyed the long weekend SO much that we are craving more time off? Do you have any fun plans??

Hugs!

10 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Were I to comment on every card I have regrettably missed recently, I would be here until it is time to go to work in the morning. Wow! You have made some fun, amazing cards, my friend. No shortage of mojo at your house! I love them all. Even more, I love you for sharing them.

I am carving more time off, too. Maybe we do work too or take it too seriously. All I know is that my brain is fried at the end of the day and I am glad I have hobbies and friends like you to share them with. We have some plans for the weekend but not so many I won't be able to squeeze in a bit of R&R.

Have a great Friday, Sharli!

Scossie Jane said...

Great 'man' card Sharli, and all the reasons are spot on. Men....

Good luck with the 14 cards, can't wait to see them all....., rather you than me...LOL Hugs xx

Jamie Harder said...

this is a perfect MAN card!! FAB job....I NEED to make more manly cards for my collection:-) I am happy it is friday too...enjoy your weekend!!!

Karen B. said...

Woodsy is a perfect description, such a cool masculine card. I think you nailed it.

Mona Pendleton said...

Great masculine card Sharli! The distressing looks wonderful! 14 birthday cards! WOW! Good luck :)

Haley D. said...

These "short" weeks are definitely the longest! I love your man card!

Jeanne said...

Terrific card, Sharli! Yep, you nailed the "man" card. LOL

I hear you about short weeks feeling much longer, but the weekend is here and I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Beate said...

Shari, your masculine card looks wonderful!
Hugs and smiles

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, Sharli, this is fabulous! You totally nailed the "dreaded man-card!"

Thanks so much for joining in the Stamp Simply "Let's Hear it for the Boys" challenge!

Sending hugs, my sweet friend!

Unknown said...

Sharli, the colors, your sanding, and the waxy flax are perfect on your card! Great job as always! And BTW, thank you for being such a faithful blog follower & creative, encouraging friend across the miles! {Hugs!}