Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Halloween pumpkins!

What an original title. Sorry - I'm not up to speed tonight. Tired.

This card was a serious case of a card posted by Julie Ebersole here. I think Julie had design paper with the funky black border, but we can imitate that, huh! The pumpkins are from my new Waltzingmouse stamps set (see last post) and the writing on the background is a PTI stamp. I used an embossing folder to create the orange piece (inked it up with Goldrush to get more definition on the Sunset cardstock). The card is Pear.

Wednesday - maybe the best I can say about today is that I had BUCKETS full of rain last night and today at my house - perhaps over an inch!! I won't need to worry about watering my plants this week!!! I am thankful for a roof that doesn't leak, too.

Namaste.

PS - my DD has started a blog - it's food-related. If you are interested, you can find her here at http://joyful-foodie.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Carla said...

Love the pumpkins!! So cute!! And that 'funky' black border is great!

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh, sounds like your busy week is catching up with you. Hopefully you can get some rest.

Your card is terrific. The embossing with the ink looks great, as do your pumpkins.

Yay for rain and not having to water because of it. And it's almost Friday!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli... darling card! And it looks so cute displayed in the vintage flower frog!... xoxo Julie Marie

Karen B. said...

Oh those pumpkins are so great with the textured paper!

Kathi Carlson said...

Very cute and spooky, too! Love it, Sharli.

Julia Aston said...

Love your row of cute pumpkins Sharli! a great CASE! I'm off to check DD's blog!!

Curt in Indy said...

Love this card too Sharli! I never think about using my "wordy scripty kinda stamp" but this looks great! Love the texture you added too. BTW, I went and visited your DD's blog. Good for her! Loved the chicken on the seat story. I left her a comment. Best, Curt

Carolyn said...

Cute card, so is the title. If you would have called it.. 'Boo'.. It might have scard us... Heee... Have a great day!