Sunday, September 26, 2010

Haunted House

So, this card is a little exaggerated . . . LOL! But what fun!! I enjoyed putting this one together - the haunted house was stamped twice - once on the design paper and then on the other side of it and mounted on black cardstock before I trimmed it out. Then popped up for dimension. I used yellow stickles to illuminate the window. It's a little weird - next time I might just paper piece yellow paper into the window.

We said our final good-byes to Sister Pat at church yesterday. The service was heavily attended - she was beloved. We held each other and openly wept. Pat's biological family was small, and more composed than her church family managed to be. Yet, the day was also cathartic as we acknowledge that she is now at peace and in the arms of our Lord.

It's Sunday - my weekends are too short! But, today will be wonderful - my friends are coming over this afternoon to scrapbook with me. I always enjoy their company so much - today, doubly so.


Hugs!

10 comments:

Laurel said...

This is great, love how you used that paper for a road!

Julie Marie said...

Hello Sharli... your little haunted house is just adorable! I am really enjoying your Halloween card posts... wishing you a beautiful Sunday scrapbooking with your friends... xoxo Julie Marie

Unknown said...

That's the cutest haunted house ever! I like the stickles effect. :) I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Pat. It's a sad/happy day knowing a loved one is forever with Jesus--happy for her, but sad for you because you miss her so much! Enjoy your Sunday scrap with friends!

Jamie Harder said...

Looove your spooky card!!! Fabulous texture!

Kathi Carlson said...

Very cool card, Sharli! I love the path leading to the haunted house. Cute.

How wonderful that the final tribute to your friend was so well attended. How great to be loved by so many.

I hope your day with your friends was extra special. Have a great week, my friend!

Carla said...

Fabulous card!! So creative!

Jeanne said...

Great card, Sharli! I was rummaging through my CTMH stamps Saturday and came across this set...almost pulled it out, but had another card in mind. But, maybe I'll have to pull it out to mimic this super card.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope your memories of her will bring you comfort.

I'm sure that you enjoyed the get together with your friends!

Scossie Jane said...

Whoooooahhh - Beaut card Sharli, it's soooo original....

Love the haunted house and the path leading to it - the exaggeration of the path makes the card a cracker - nice one GF....

Hugs x

Julia Aston said...

What a fun design with the LOOOONGG walk in front of the haunted house!

so sorry for your loss - but sounds like your dear friend's memory will be kept alive by all the friends who loved her!

Curt in Indy said...

I LOVE the Stickles in the windows! I think it looks great. And what a fun way to use a long card. I love everything about this card Sharli! Best, Curt