Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy Birthday!

This fun card was inspired by Vicki Wiznuik (here). I re-created it as closely as I could but I used the Magic Moments papers (retired). The larger dot border is from Circle Around, the candles are from Candlelight. I love how Vicki let the candles fall off the popped-up focal piece - so interesting! I'm happy with this card and it didn't take long at all!

It's Thursday night already. I'm usually just dying for Thursday night to get here, and I'm not complaining - just surprised that it happened so fast! Tomorrow will be busy, too, and I love it when I'm busy! Then, the weekend and our weather is finally beautiful - the highs are only forecast to be mid-80's. Hooray!

What fun things do you have planned for this weekend??
Hugs!

13 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh fun card, haven't seen that paper in awhile!

Carla said...

Great card Sharli! Vicki always inspires me too!

Karen B. said...

I really like the dimension that the candles reaching beyond the border adds as well, a great detail to pick up on. Kind of a lazy weekend for me, but looking forward to it.

Terrie Dodd said...

Lovin those candles! Very cute with this paper too. Have a fun restful weekend. Enjoy the weather!

Alanna said...

Super cute card Sharli. You and Vicki have both inspired me. Have a great weekend!

Jeanne said...

What a great card, Sharli! The candles look wonderful dressed up in those papers and placing them where you did works wonderfully!

I hope you enjoy your weekend! Amy has a basketball skills clinic and I'll be watching the Broncos while working on a crochet project. *Ü*

Carolyn said...

Very cute!
Have a great weekend!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

LOVE it with that paper, too! Makes me want to CASE yours... LOL

stampmonkey said...

What a fun and colorful card, Sharli! I love how you used the different papers on the staggered candles. I'm sure the recipient will love it! ;)

Enjoy your "cooler" weather this weekend. lol (I laugh because our highs have been in the upper 80s...and those days feel ANYthing but cool. Guess it's all relative. lol)

big hugs,
Christi

Unknown said...

Ditto Vicki's comment! Love the Magic Moments you used. It's such a cheerful card! Happy weekend! I'm off to a large family's photo session at a park & we're having glorious summer-like weather here. Blessings!

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card, Sharli!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cute! I love the paper pieced candles and fun dp.

Julia Aston said...

what fun paper pieced candles Sharli!