Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Christmas Card - possibly?

This was the design I prepared and took with us on our vacation road trip! I did a little stamping, but not nearly what I thought I would get done! I think I was so tired from each day's activities that all I could think about was dreamland.

The card is pretty self-explanatory. The only thing I thought was clever was highlighting the word in the jingle border (CTMH) and to do that I used one of the "say it in style" words and flipped it over and stamped with the smooth back-side! I did second generation so the word would look highlighted and not overwhelmed by the Cranberry ink. My other thought (not put into motion quite yet) was to change the brads, highlight the words "peace on earth" instead as they are perfect underneath the trees. I might use red dew-drops instead of brads and put three of them along the right hand side (but not on top of the writing). What do you think? Should I try that?


Work has been good this week - I've had lots and lots to do and have stayed late every night so far! But that's okay with me - I love my job and when I'm into it like this, the time just flies by! It's a bit like scrapping - you simply forget that it's time to _____ (fill in the blank)!

Namaste!

5 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

How sweet of you to leave such a wonderful comment on my blog! Especially from one as clever as you! I love how you highlighted from the back on this card! That is simply genius! I like what you did with this, and I also think the dew drops would work too! Love your creativity! Just super! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

Sharli...I went to the dentist yesterday...THEY HAD READING MATERIALS ON THE CEILING!! hehe Oh yeah your card. :D I love the card. It is so pretty and would love to receive one for Christmas...hint, hint hehe. I just love your cards and this one is no exception. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Alanna said...

This is so cute Sharli. I love how you did the highlighting of some of the words. I never would have thought to turn a stamp over. I'm definitely going to try this.

Jeanne said...

Great card, Sharli! Great idea too about the stamp.

Thanks for your always uplifting comments on my blog. Makes me smile to hear that all my ramblings and various types of posts actually get read. LOL

Unknown said...

Flipping a stamp--what a cool idea! TFS, Sharli! The card is great!