Saturday, September 12, 2009

I'm HOME!!! I've missed you!


There's no-place like home!!! I'm so tired - I can't believe I'm sitting at the computer and posting but I TRULY missed you all!!! I'll probably sleep in late tomorrow - do loads of laundry, and hopefully post in the afternoon.

It was wonderful! I am very proud of myself for taking almost 300 photos (this is a breakthrough for me!) even though only about 50 of them are significant. I am learning to have the camera ready - and not be afraid to "try it"!

Thanks for all your sweet well-wishes! One of the husbands commented on a phone call about the "Ya-Ya Scrapbooking Sisters adventure of 2009" and I think that kinda stuck! It works - we were very in-sync with each other and all easy-going about things like fog, or a lack of garlic (stories will follow eventually). I'm putting up this photo because the Redwoods were the highlight of the trip for me. I fell in love with this forest! This hug was more than just for the photo - I felt so connected to the trees. They were here long before me - and will be here long after. I am just a small visitor - a caretaker for a short time.

Namaste.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Welcome home! Glad you made it safe and sound and had a great time it sounds like. What a lovely picture...you look truly happy.

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures on this trip.

Leslie said...

Welcome back traveler. Love your first photo. I can feel your love for the tree through your writing and photo. I think I would feel that way too if I were ever to get to see those majestic giants. I love that it was August/September and you had long sleeves on. Florida is just hot. We are getting down into the high 80s though. That is significant from the high 90s. Did you drive your new baby or did she sit at home and wait for you?

Julia Aston said...

Sounds like you had a super road trip Sharli! a trip to remember for a long time and go over and over with the other travelers! DH and I went along that route when we were out there in SF for a wedding - and those redwood trees are really something aren't they! puts everything in perspective!

welcome back - I know what you mean about missing visiting everyone! I'm blogging from VT as we speak!

Unknown said...

"Home sweet home" is so true--welcome back! I've missed YOU! Aren't those giant redwoods awesome? Can't wait to see more of your photos, and hear more about your YaYa SS adventure too. Happy new week--ease into it! One needs a vacation post-vacation. Blessings!