Sunday, September 27, 2009

Open Stamping Sunday - Technique

I've been wanting to make a Recessed Window card - - - there have been very inspiring ones on my favorite blogs recently. I think it was midnight Saturday night that I decided that my Open Stamping group would like to learn this technique, also, so this was our technique class for today! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - although not for those clumsy with the knife or faint of heart!

All Close-to-My-Heart products; Paper = Grace, Stamps = Nature's Vein and Back to Nature.

We had a smaller-than-usual group today and it was very relaxed and very productive! Everyone seemed to be in the mood to get some things DONE! We had Thanksgiving cards, scary Halloween projects, Christmas cards . . . all with lots of chatter and laughter! I got TONS done today (other than grazing!) and feel like the weekend was successful.

I hope you've had a good weekend and are ready to face the new week.
Hugs!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Your card is beautiful. I had a scrapbook workshop yesterday. I ended up taking a 3 hour nap afterwards.

Kathi Carlson said...

Lovely card, Sharli! Nature's Vein is such a beautiful stamp set.

Hope your week is a good one!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Sharli. I've never made one of these cards before. I'm glad that you and your group got so much done.

Jeanne said...

Such a pretty card, I might have to try the technique...whenever I get back to my craft room that is.

I'm so happy to hear you had such a great and productive time with your gals.

Have a great week!

Julia Aston said...

I love these frames too! I made one when it was a challenge on Split Coast and haven't made another since although the tutorial sits on my desk waiting!!! your colors are wonderful on this pretty fall card Sharli! sounds like you had a fun gathering!

Ms Jen said...

Thanks for having me over yesterday at your Open Scrap...it's always a fun time and I walk away with all kinds of great ideas from you.

Thanks!
Jen