Monday, September 14, 2009

NEW stamps (for me!)


I was so inspired by the many things Kathi Carlson did with her Hero Arts background stamp that I had to order it for myself! It's really beautiful!!! This was the first image I tried with it - Desert Sand ink on Bamboo paper. The dots were done with Vineyard Berry marker. The squirrel image was purchased at a National Park Service information store in the Redwoods National Forest. It is copyrighted to Ampersand Press. Isn't it beautiful?! It is also my "first" try at coloring it - I think the colors need to be a tad more intense, but overall I'm happy and it was late last night when I was "playing"!

I'm so happy to be home!

5 comments:

Lori said...

You did a great job on the stamping and coloring. Love the outdoor feel. Glad that you had a great vacation.

Scossie Jane said...

Glad to see you back Sharli and that you enjoyed your holiday (oops Vacation!!). Love this card, the squirrel is too cute, in a realistic way (know what I mean) and the stamping and colouring are wow - nice one xx

Jeanne said...

Lovely! That stamp is one of THE best I've seen in a long time. And your coloring is terrific. Bet it felt good to play. *Ü*

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Sharli. It's good to have you back in blogging land.

Unknown said...

Wow--that's a pretty background stamp! Great job on the furry critter too. :) So glad you're back to creating & blogging!