Sunday, September 13, 2009

Corvallis, Oregon

One of the things I loved about Oregon was that you could go for a 30 minute (total) walk and see something as beautiful as this old covered bridge! Isn't it wonderful?!

During this walk we also noticed that all of the fire hydrants in this city are painted orange. Hmmm. Maybe it has something to do with the Oregon State University Beavers? Their colors are orange and black! ;-)

Still doing laundry (one more load!) but I did get over to the grocery store and have food in the house again. I just enjoyed a salad with the most delicious new pear vinegar that I bought in Ventura, CA on our way home. YUMMMMMMM!!!! I just sprinkled a little vinegar and olive oil on the salad and each mouthful was like a bite of heaven. (Deep Sigh!)

Still trying to get into the craft room!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a lovely photo of that bridge...can you imagine living nearby and seeing that every day? Wow.

Have no clue about the color of the hydrant, but your thoughts make sense. LOL

Have a great week!

Lori said...

I love covered bridges. I have never seen one in real life...only in pictures. Your photo reminds me of the Bridges of Madison County novel.

Anonymous said...

This looks like a place I'd like to take a run...what a pretty area :)

Unknown said...

Sharli, your beautiful covered bridge photo is an awesome Shadow Shot! I also thought of the Madison County bridges when I saw it. Thank you so much for your sweet comment about my inspirational writing for the Women To Women blogspot! Blessings & I pray that you get rested. :)