Friday, October 29, 2010

Yoga

I gave a small token of my appreciation to my Yogini tonight at Yoga class - it has been 6 years since I discovered Yoga - she has been in the room the whole way - and has been my life-line.

These cards turned out so nice - the first time I tried to use these new stamps, the result was just "ok". This time I pulled back and let the stamp stand on it's own beauty - a more CAS look than my usual, and I love it.

I photographed it before I added a small charm with the symbol for "ohm". It's gone now - so you'll have to take my word for it - a little circle about 3/8" in diameter was attached at the center of the bow by an interesting safety pin that I re-purposed from a recent clothing purchase.

These are the fabulous Yoga stamps by American Art Stamp that I got a few weeks ago. I stamped them in Momento Tuxedo Black on Kraft cardstock - drew the frames by tracing the outside edge of the largest nestie (like a recent post) and colored them with my new pencils and OMS (odorless mineral spirits). I used a variety of sentiments as you can see - some from Who's That Girl (their yoga stamp set) and others from PTI and Waltzingmouse Stamps.

And, yes, I did copy Curt O'Brien's wonderful little gift box (again). So handy!

Have a wonderful weekend, dear friends! Let me know what your favorite part was - what did you treasure most about this weekend?

11 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I am thrilled to be the first to post and tell you what beautiful cards these are. I love all the different colors and didn't know one could color on Kraft cardstock with pencils and get such wonderful results. You've inspired me to give it a try.

Cool, too, that you encouraged us to share the best of our weekends. In honor of your loving spirit ad kindness, I'm going to do my best to make it all good. That's about as much as you can inspire anyone, my friend! Thank you. You have a "good one," too.

Laurel said...

These cards are fabulous!

Jeanne said...

I can think of no other stamp set that would be more perfect for you, Sharli! What awesome cards you have created using them! Love that you colored on kraft. I will have to remember that.

So far this weekend, I really enjoyed our evening at the trunk or treat. Watching the excitement of my girls and their friends for not only getting treats, but enjoying the decorated trunks and the games they also had available. Everyone was in happy, festive spirits. The weather was perfect, too, a great bonus. *Ü*

Leslie said...

Sharli, Hi, I think your cards are great. Sometimes CAS is the bast. Usually for me because I just don't have the knack of piling it on and making it look "Not Piled On". I know it has been a while since I have stopped in to say hi. I just don't take the time that I should. I love Google Reader because it is so easy to surf, but to actually open a blog and comment means a few more clicks. Talk about the epitome of laziness - that's me. Too big a hurry to say hi to a friend. I keep saying I am going to slow down and make it back to yoga classes and never do. Shame on me. Hope you have a great weekend. I am headed to Michael's as soon as it opens. I want to try my hand at an ornament a friend posted, and also try to make the snowman card that Deneen Trebble posted on her blog.
Sorry I have been such a bad blogging friend.

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli, those are sooo cute! I want to learn Yoga so bad, but I don't know where to start! Jack bought me a video called "Yoga for Dummies", and that seemed too advanced for me! I must REALLY be a dummy!... xoxo Julie Marie

Jamie Harder said...

Sharli, these are so WONDERFUL!!! LOVE the simplicity and the black frame around the images!!!

Alanna said...

These are just perfect Sharli. I love the frame around the images. Just perfect.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Julia Aston said...

What great cards for your Yoga instructor Sharli! I'm sure she loved them! Great coloring on them and I love the CAS style!

Paul B said...

Oh wow, I love these cards. Gorgeous CAS designs with wonderful colouring. And those stamps are fantastic, I've not seen yoga designs before. I haven't done yoga for years (since I put weight on) but I've found a new class to go to & may make tentative steps at going again. Seeing your cards has helped motivate me.

Favourite part of the weekend? Eating an ice cream cone (strawberry & rum raisin) by the side of a river. Hope it's been a good one for you too. Px :)

Sanela McLean said...

These cards turn out great. Very cute. By the way, where did you get the charms with the "ohm" symbol? I could really use some.

Unknown said...

Sharli, your yoga cards are THE BEST! And you did a great job on that jack-0-lantern too!