Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An "Anna Wight" original !


I am over-the-top-excited about the littlest thing - - - recently my blog-friend Anna Wight (you must visit her blog here) created adorable little zipper bags and put them up for sale in her Etsy shop.  I saw them within an hour, I think, but didn't get to the check out fast enough and it was GONE.  The one I wanted was a farm scene featuring a rooster that reminds me of Anna's "Tiny Tim".  If you don't know this story - you should take a few moments and go visit Tiny Tim - be sure to scroll down a bit until you see the photo of him wearing his little coat when he was just a little tiny rooster.  This one is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face!  Anyway - I received the bag this week and LOOK at the drawing on the back of the envelope?!?!?!  I'll treasure it forever!  Maybe frame it?!

I think I forgot to say - I commented to Anna that I had missed getting the Tiny Tim bag - and she made another one just for me!  Look how cute the packaging is?!  (I'm all about the packaging!)


And here is the bag!  It's just wonderful - she's quilted along the sun-rays and curves of the hills, etc.  The little pouch is lined in a "Chloe Green" fabric that is bright and cheerful - making it easy to find the things tucked inside (dark fabric just doesn't work for me any more!)  Thank you Anna!  I'm just thrilled!
Hugs!

9 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is gorgeous! And how nice is she that she sent you all the extra goodies?!? Must check out her blog and/or store.

Speaking of cryptic messages: the pig flies at midnight. Be sure to bring a shoe horn, a chicken, and a picnic basket ...

~Hugs!!

Jamie Harder said...

How exciting for you! Anna sounds like a sweetie-pie!

Carla said...

Very cute stuff!! Lucky you to be the recipient of such great goodies!

Lori said...

How adorable!!! Now to head over and check out Tiny Tim.

Kathi Carlson said...

Another Anna Wight, fan! She left a comment on my blog after using one of her stamps and referencing the 6,000 chickens I had once upon a time. I was over the moon! Mine weren't cute chickens like hers. I love her stamps and her stories about her animals. Love your little bag, too. As for the cute packaging, it doesn't surprise me. What fun!!!

Happy Hump Day, friend!

Jeanne said...

WOW! How cool is that? No wonder you are over the moon! I checked out her blog and Tiny Tim and smiled. What a happy person she is! What a lucky ducky YOU are for receiving such a sweet treat!

Laurel said...

Wow, lucky you!

Sarah said...

That bag is DARLING!!!!! so is the packaging! Thanks for the sweetness you have been leaving on my blog.
ummm do you like chickens? hee hee!

Unknown said...

Simply adorable quilted art! I'm off to check out her great stuff. Thanks for sharing, Sharli!