Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kathi Carlson - CASED!


This was my version of Kathi Carlson's great card here.  Kathi has the bestest ideas . . .

We have experienced the strangest weather here in Arizona that I've ever seen.  It's rained all week (they're calling it a 100-year flood) and there were dust storms (really!) and a tornado that touched down and swooped up a very large tent covering a gazillion dollar car show (the paper said that all of the cars had cosmetic damage - YIKES!) and there has been hail and wind, and oh-my!  There was so much rain that the reservoirs were all full and they began releasing water - so all of our usually dry rivers and washes were flowing like crazy.   In Northern Arizona there was so much snow that the State declared a state of emergency!  The main interstates were closed for many, many hours.  There are avalanch warnings at our favorite ski place (Flagstaff Snowbowl) and - well, it's just not usual Arizona sunshine!  I've been blessed - only a bit of "tree-trash" in the yard, but otherwise I'm fine.  

My hats off to you mid-westerners that have this kind of "scary" weather on a regular basis.  I do not know how you do it!

Hugs!   

7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Thanks, Sharli!! Inspiring you is such an honor. Your card is gorgeous!!

I hope your weather situation straightens out soon. I always feel sorry for folks who aren't accustomed to extreme weather having to put up with it.

Enjoy the weekend!!

Deb Neerman said...

Omigawd, it's the Apocalypse! I hate scary weather like this ... give me a good old-fashioned hurricane ANY day!

LOVE the CASE, Sharli! Just beautiful!

Alanna said...

This is very pretty Sharli. I love that big flower. Great job on the CASE.

Your weather does sound very strange for Arizon. Stay safe.

Sarah said...

Awww what an awesome CASE on an AWESOME blogger!!!
The weather is just plain whacky...we have had tons of rain today..in Iowa in January..this is NOT usual.
Still in LOVE with that blog header!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous take on Kathi's card! She is SO inspiring, isn't she?

Dang, you HAVE had some wild and wacky weather! I think Mother Nature is truly confused! LOL Hopefully it'll settle down for you and you get back to your normal sunshine!

Laurel said...

Beautiful card!

Barb said...

Your card is beautiful! So soft and serene.