Sunday, January 17, 2010

A little Get Well message . . .


This focal image is from a darling set I bought last fall from The Cat's Pajamas.  I also used, for the first time, a Close-to-My-Heart set that is called Buttoned Together.  The beauty of doing this, rather than real buttons, is that this card can be mailed without needing a padded envelope or extra postage!  I like the look of the buttons, too.

My local friends gave me a perfect day yesterday - it was a late celebration for my birthday (which falls at a very inconvenient time of year!).  We dined at a fabulous place (new to me) called Cafe Pino and then went to see "It's Complicated".  I don't think I'll ever get enough of Meryl Streep - she's just amazing.  

I came home and finished putting Christmas away (yes, I know).  That wore me out so that my eyelids were heavy by 7:30 PM!  I went to bed!
So, here we are at 1 in the morning and I'm wide-eyed and busy-tailed (as my dear Mother used to say).  I'm heading to the craft room ;-)


Edited to answer the question:  I didn't realize that no-one knew I'd suffered celebrated another birthday!  Yes, I'm a Christmas baby.  12/26 to be exact.  And too old to want to think about what year! 



Hugs!

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

THAT is a flippin' cute image! Love it! And those buttons are adorable. Great idea for a stamp set, for the reasons you mentioned.

Glad you got Christmas put away, but bummer for you that you are wide awake in the middle of the night. At least you don't have to be awake for young kids these days and can nap again at your leisure, should you need it! LOL

Jeanne said...

When was your birthday???? You can email me if you don't want to post it here.

Scossie Jane said...

Nice card Sharli, love the chicken soup image, and beaut idea with the buttons xx

Kathi Carlson said...

That's the cutest card I've seen this weekend! Love it.

Your evening/night sounds like something I'd do ... have done. I hope your visit to your craft room wasn't too long before you were able to go back to bed and that you'll get your days and nights straightened out for the workweek.

Birthday? Belated Happy Birthday!! Were you a holiday baby?

Enjoy Sunday, sweet Sharli!!

Alanna said...

THe focal image is so cute Sharli. It looks great paired with those images from that CTMH set. I also love the look those fake buttons give.

Sounds like you had a good time out with friends. Friends are certainly good to have, aren't they?

mE said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! What a fabulous bunch of friends you have, too!

Love this card and the whimsical buttons. Your card is definitely Chicken Soup for someone's soul :) Hehe!

~inky smiles!
Erin

Sarah said...

Wow your blog header is an eye catcher!!!! Is that glass?
Your card is just darling.
I have seen your comments on Kathi's and Jeanne's blogs all the time..so I thought I'd be nosy :0)

Deb Neerman said...

How cute, Sharli! So bright and cheerful ... perfect for a sicky!

Omigosh, I love those faux buttons ... what a great stamp set! And is that DP from the "Perfect Day" collection? Love it whatever it is!

Belated birthday greetings my friend. Like you, I refuse to think about the year. Age is just a number anyway, right?

Hey, did you get a Mini Catalog from you-know-who? Lemme know next time ya swing by the old blogstead ... 'cuz I think I paid for one for you. But we'll jess keep this on the down-low ... contraband, KWIM? LOLOL!

Have a great week, Kiddo! And it's great to be back ... thanks for staying with me!!

Jamie Harder said...

Lovely card Sharli! That chicken soup stamp is adorable and I love the look of the faux buttons!!

stampmonkey said...

Your card is adorable, Sharli! I love the red and white combo, and that image is one I've had on my "wish list" for at least six months now (I'm envious! lol). The faux buttons are so cute, and you're absolutely right about their benefits. ;)

And Happy Birthday to you!...a wee bit late. ;) Your celebration day sounded like so much fun!

Cibele Glazer said...

First of all Happy Birthday (belated)! Second that is just the cutest image and I love the card you made with it. Super job!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Sharli, belatedly! Love your chicken soup card--every little detail--and the colors are my favorite!