Thursday, January 21, 2010

Caboodle - and Treasure Life


One of the things that Jeanette Lynton, Owner/CEO/Artist of Close-to-My-Heart, did for the new Spring catalog was to bring back the "A" size stamp sets.  I think this was very smart of her - since not everyone can afford to buy the top of the line, but they still want the new things!  Treasure Life is a small set with the birdie, the branch, some pretty flowers (not shown here) and the saying "Treasure Life" - all that for $7.95.  I was playing around with prisma glitter techniques and at first, really hated this card.  But, it's growing on me!  What do you think?  

I'm so thankful that tomorrow is Friday!  What a week!!!  I have plans to attend a candle / wine tasting party (now that sounds interesting, huh!) and to get my weekly planner up to date.  I need to pick up pantry supplies for church, and with any luck I'll get to spend an hour on Skype with my DD - we're planning to scrapbook together and also she'll do a fashion show for me of her new sale clothing finds!  What are your weekend plans?

Namaste

9 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Very pretty card, Sharli! Your glittery bird is gorgeous. I love the A-size stamp sets, too.

I hope all those plans are for the weekend and agree about tomorrow/Friday being a good thing.

Make it a good one, friend!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Sharli...the glittery bird is just darling.I too LOVE those sets.
I had Skype too! Used it to chat to family in the UK..then my parents were hacked and we both deleted the program...it was a shame.
I have a full weekend...Swim lessons and swim meet for daughters and Church Sunday...try and squeeze in some hubby time who is gone all week long!
Take care

Deb Neerman said...

Soooooooooo cute! Love the DP and the stamp set; good to hear that CTMH has brought back the 'A' sized sets.

Have a fun wine-tasting!

Lori said...

I love this set. In fact I plan to make a card with it tonight. There is a new CTMH Tv episode where Jeanette shows a beautiful card made from this set. It is almost as beautiful as yours.

Scossie Jane said...

I love the delicate feel to this card Sharli, and glitter is always beautiful - nice one xx

Alanna said...

This is so pretty Sharli. You've made me want that set now. Enjoy your weekend.

Carla said...

Very pretty card!! Love the glittery little bird!

mE said...

I don't know why you didnt like this card at first... it's DARLING and glittery.. and a girl can't go wrong with a little glitter :)

PS... what's that cool thingy you display your cards on? I must find one!

~Inky Smiles!
E

Unknown said...

LOVE the sparkly bird! I'm glad about those A Stamps returning to the cattie too. Have a wonderful weekend! Our entire family is trying to get over the winter coughs and sinus junk and bronchitis, so it's going to be a stay at home, rest & push fluids weekend for us. Hope your wine tasting party is a blast!