Monday, January 11, 2010

You Rock and Springtime


One of the new paper packs in the Spring CTMH catalog is called "You Rock".  It's bold and vibrant, I didn't think I would like it at all, but, as usual, I'm growing to love it as I work with it!  This stamp set is called "Springtime" - I just LOVE these little ducks!  The umbrella has different patterns you can use - but I just stamped the outline over the patterned paper and made matching rain boots.  The umbrella, the top boot, and the chick on the boot are all on pop-up dots.  The "grass" was trimmed casually by hand.  I forget who taught me (was it Vicki?) to distress with the scissors closed (much safer!) and it really works (thanks!).  


I got my stitches out today!  It was easy-peasy!  The ones that had "grown in" were actually under the skin and will dissolve (silly me!) so I had been worried for nothing!  I'm continuing to gain strength every day - thank God!  Soon I can return to Yoga class . . .



Namaste.

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute!! Love the paper-pieced boots and umbrella and those little ducks are so sweet!!

So glad to hear you are gaining your strength. You'll be better than new!!
Enjoy Tuesday, Sharli!!

Alanna said...

This is so cute Sharli. I love how you pieced the umbrella and boots. I'm glad to hear that the stitch removal went well.

Jeanne said...

Adorable card, Sharli. The paper piecing looks terrific and those ducks are so cute.

Congrats on reaching another stepping stone on the road to your complete recovery! Yay!

Deb Neerman said...

Oh-so-cute, Sharli!! LOVE those adorable duckies ... and the paper-pieced umbrella and boots are perfect. LOVE what you've done with this set!!

Glad to hear that you're doing better ... and that your stitches came out easy peasy-ish!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun rainy day card Sharli! love the paper pieced boots and cute duckies! Glad to hear the stitches are out - probably less itchy now?!