Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 3 - YaYa Scrapbook Sisterhood trip


 
Day 3 - a very exciting "discovery" for me - FLIP-FLAPS!!!!!  If you haven't used these, you should.  In the foreground you can see "extra" photos on the chair?  These are the NUMEROUS photos that I took on this fantastic day - and to actually scrap all of them would have filled the entire album!  So, I have 3 photos where each 1 photo is placed on the layout.  How you do this is you decide the layout page (photographed here out of the page protector) so that the "best-est" photo is actually going to be shown on the top of the FLIP-FLAP on the outside of the page protector.  Amazing, huh?  I'm sure I'll be thinking about orientation of my photos more on the next trip (such as - "I have 2 horizontal photos and 3 vertical, I need another horizontal one").  :D


This part of the trip?  Well, Keri couldn't actually move into her apartment until Tuesday so we enjoyed the day together by driving over to the ocean (Newport, Oregon) and up along the coast to Lincoln City.  From Lincoln City we realized that there was fog swooping in from the North - so we jumped into the car and kept moving - stopping at many places along the way until the fog caught up with us.  It was really fun - racing the fog!  We had a lovely lunch at Rogue Ale House (a micro-brewery that also had fabulous food!) and visited park beaches as well as wineries!  What a perfect day!  The Oregon coast is wild and beautiful - much more so than I had imagined!  It's amazing.



So - first day back at work?  I am tired, but not overwhelmingly so -  It was a good day.  I'm getting around so much better than before.  I'm truly blessed to have such an excellent health care team! 



Hugs!

 

5 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Wonderful LO, Sharli! Love how you included a map; what a great touch!

I love Flip-Flaps too; a great scrappin' invention, yes?

~Hugs, Deb

Alanna said...

Another great layout. I love the map part of the second layout on the left. I've got a package of flip flaps and still need to use them.

I'm glad to hear that your day went well.

Unknown said...

Such rich paper colors! The map is a great feature & reminder of your road trip. I don't know how we ever scrapped without those Flip Flaps--they've become my favorite product this past year! So thankful to hear you're feeling well & are back to work. "Hurry slowly." That's my 2010 resolution & I'm giving it to you too. :)

Jeanne said...

I'm glad you made it through the day so well, Sharli!

Your layouts are great and I loved reading about your adventures and the fog. I hope you will include that story somewhere (maybe at the end of one of those Flip Flaps) to help you remember the fun of that day!

Maricar said...

I bought flip flaps, but haven't used them yet. (Ahh, the story of my life)

Inspiration found. Thanks.