Thursday, January 14, 2010

An oldie! Sarsparilla and Lovely Buckles


I found this old (2008) card in my stash just in time for a masculine birthday!  This one had two interesting techniques on it - the liquid glass accents on the "raised" part of the belt buckle, and the belt itself - done with a faux suede technique that blends re-inker into liquid applique, spread it on paper, then hit it with the heat gun.  It looks (and feels) like suede!  I knew I hadn't posted it because it was very well buried and I only started my blog spring of 2009.


Thank Goodness tomorrow is Friday!  I'm so ready for some "me" time.  I need to put away Christmas!!!  I started gathering things on the dining room table (I can do that now that the kitties aren't here to play with them).  It will feel good to get it cleaned up - like a weight off my shoulders.  

I hope you have been counting your blessings.  I know I have!
Hugs!

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your card, Sharli! The buckle and belt are awesome. Glad, too, you were successful with that suede technique. I never got that one to work.

I'm ready for the weekend, too!! It's been a difficult week, partly due to the fact that I haven't spent enough time counting my blessings. It helps so much to have sweet, upbeat friends like you. Have a great Friday!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, I love this Sharli! Perfect masculine card .. love that DP ... and that buckle you created looks real. Really!

Not to mention the cool 'suede' belt ... this is just so fantastic!

Have fun putting away Christmas, Kiddo! I know how much I enjoy doing it, lolol.

~Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous card, Sharli! Thanks for sharing it! That buckle looks SO real. You did a fantastic job on the techniques you used.

Good luck putting Christmas away. I've got a few things yet that need to get put away. I've been avoiding it, but maybe today I'll just do it and git'r'dun!

Alanna said...

This is the perfect masculine card. What an interesting technique to make the suede look. I hope you have a fantastic weekend Sharli.

Laurel said...

a great masculine card!

Hetty Hall said...

Lovely card Sharli and thank you so much for the congrats, means a lot to me.
Hetty

Sarah said...

That buckle ROCKS! Awesome card.

Julia Aston said...

What a perfect masculine card and thanks for sharing those two interesting techniques!

I just got my decorations put away too!