Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Technique for Sunday's Open Stamping


Some of you already figured out that I'm not teaching another glitter project for a bit - I just got all the December glitter cleaned up!!  The technique for this Sunday's Open Stamping day is actually making these paper flowers.  I've seen a couple of tutorials, but I think my favorite was this one by Antoinette.  She also shared an idea about using old paperback books to make the flowers - way cool!


So - since these 3-dimensional things are not going to fit into our tutorial albums, I thought the group should make a card.  I took a photo of mine, added it to the technique instructions in a Word Document, and printed it out for them to put in their albums.  Almost the real thing!


I'm still very tired.  As much as I want to stay up tonight, I think it might be smarter to go to bed.  Tomorrow is a long day and I'll need my strength.


Hugs!

11 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Wow, wow, wow! LOVE this card, Sharli! Your flower isjust beautiful ... and I love that DP from "Perfect Day." My new favorite-Sharli-card!!

Sarah said...

Woohoo those flowers are awesome. The card is beautiful!
Thanks for the link.
I hope you feel better Sharli....get some rest!

Lori said...

Those flowers are so pretty. I have been staying up to late each night too. And, it's time to make myself go to bed early.

Kathi Carlson said...

I LOVE those paper flowers! Gorgeous card, Sharli! Your stamp group will love making it, too.

Hope you are perkier tomorrow. Two more days, and it's the weekend again! Yeah!! Have a good Thursday, friend!

Jeanne said...

What pretty flowers! That paper is scrumptious too. Your gals are gonna love this project. And how thoughtful of you to create a word document to add to their technique books.

Hope you got some good rest and are energized to finish up the week!

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Pretty card, Sharli! The flowers are so cool--great idea for your MSWord tutorial too! Wish I could come and be part of your group. Have a wonderful weekend and be rested!

Barb said...

Your card is lovely. Thank you for sharing the link. I hope you're feeling better.

stampmonkey said...

Your card is very pretty, Sharli, and I LOVE your crumpled flowers. Thanks so much for providing the link to the tutorial --I'm gonna go check it out. I'm sure the ladies loved what you provided for them as much as making their own.

Not sure what was wrong with you, but I hope you're feeling much better now.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog last weekend and leaving me birthday wishes. ;)

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Sharli! These flowers are really gorgeous! It's really nice of you to share the link. I love how you used them on your card. The colors are perfect! Thanks too for the sweet comments regarding Gunther's accident. It was so nice of you! Best, Curt

Julia Aston said...

Love your flowers! I just made one too - but from a tutorial that used 20 punched circles so it's more puffy - definately NOT mailable! but super for craft applications like boxes etc!!! This one will flatten to mail and hopefully the recipient would fluff it up a little!!!!

very pretty Sharli - what fun classes you must have!