Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ASU Graduations

I have a couple of friends who are graduating from ASU this month - so this is the card I've designed for them. I hope they don't see it on the blog!! I'm pretty sure neither one of them reads my page . . .

The colors are Barn Red and Sunflower (ASU colors are maroon and gold - you can see that from the emblem I scanned off of the graduation announcement!). I like the overall effect - and think it's nice to honor their school colors in the card.

Work was challenging today. I'm so glad it's over!!! Some days that's the best you can say about it. LOL Tomorrow is Thursday - so we're sliding into the weekend from there - always encouraging! The weather is gorgeous here and I hope to get more work done in my yard (before it's dreadfully hot!). What about your plans for the weekend? It's not too early to dream, is it?

Hugs!

7 comments:

Rachele Funk said...

I could use a great graduation card like this for Monday. . . mind popping one out for me? GRIN.

I plan on getting on top of things this weekend, it's doubtful, but a girl can dream, right?

Kathi Carlson said...

Hi Sharli! Your card design is awesome. Perfect for your graduating friends. I love to use school colors, too.

Our weekend plans include a birthday party for my soon-to-be two great niece. I'm hoping to enjoy some nice weather, too. We haven't had many nice days lately. Rainy. Dreary.

I with you in hoping Thursday is better than Wednesday was. Regardless, it's one day closer to the weekend. Take care, freind!

Hetty Hall said...

Wow Sharli these cards are amazing. I wish you could teach me those resist techniques. Love the poppy's and how you coloured them, very clever!!

Jeanne said...

Terrific card using the school colors. That's a great idea.

Hope Thursday treats you better than Wednesday did.

In our neck of the woods, I think we are hoping for weather that doesn't include snow (had 2-3 inches on the ground yesterday...ugh...but it's melted, thankfully).

Jamie Harder said...

SUPER card!! Love the pleating down the side:-) This weekend I hope to work on my yard and of course, scrapbook:-)

Deb Neerman said...

This is so cool, Sharli! Your design is fabulous ... love that school 'seal' ... and that ribbon treatment is gorgeous! Your friends will love this!

Julia Aston said...

Great grad card Sharli! love that pleated ribbon and the school emblem!