Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Head-whacked by Inspiration!


I don't know why I always upload the photos in the reverse order from what I really want. You would think I would figure this out! Hummph.

Well, it doesn't matter, really. The second photo is the card all closed - as it would be pulled from the envelope. The card opens and becomes an easel card (as you can clearly see for yourself). I had this beautiful stamp from Hero Arts and was just dying to imitate the tutorial that Jennifer McGuire posted (and Kathi Carlson expertly re-designed here). My SIL is in need of hope and beauty in her life (still very, very sick) and I thought perhaps an easel card could be on display where she could see it.

The details? Wildflowers from Hero Arts, Close-to-My-Heart textured cardstock and the design paper (Grace) that the stamped image was put onto. Inks are CTMH in Breeze, Petal, Pansy Purple, Hollyhock, Sweet Leaf and Olive. The sentiment on the inside is from Nina Brackett Lovely Shelf. The "stop" for the card to stand is a black button with a CTMH fancy filigree adhered to the top. Ribbon is contraband from the local craft store.

Work was wonderful today - but I am tired so I came home to unwind and go to bed early. My SIL has been back in ICU and they're keeping her sedated - so no visit tonight. I didn't go to Yoga, but I am about to unroll my mat and go through a few important poses here at home before bed. I need to stretch out some joints that are bothering me. ;-)

I hope your day was good - and that you are appreciating Spring and good health! Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world and leaving your sweet, uplifting comments! I {{heart}}} you!

Namaste.

7 comments:

Carla said...

This card is absolutely beautiful Sharli!!

Jeanne said...

Oh my, this is just stunning Sharli!! I'm sure your sil will love it! I am sorry to hear she's back in icu and hope that she won't be there for long.

I also hope you were able to successfully stretch out those aching joints and then sleep wonderfully!

That card, though...wow!

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card is beautiful, Sharli! I love the colors. A standup card to go by your SIL's bedside is a great idea. She remains in my prayers.

Hope you got a good night's sleep and that today is another wonderful day at work for you.

Rachele Funk said...

Everything about you and this card is wonderful!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is beautiful, Sharli!

Alanna said...

Your card is so beautiful. You are really producing some jaw dropping stuff here.

Sorry to hear that it's back to the ICU for your SIL.

Carolyn said...

This is beautiful!! I love how the button keeps it open.

Praying for your sil!