Sunday, May 23, 2010

Honey - Poppies

Last week I posted a card that was inspired by Karen Baker (here) and I was so smitten with the color combination that I did another similar card. This is a Hero Arts image, and anther one that is "negative" so the stamped parts are where you see the yellow. I used a micron pen to go over the lines in the poppies to make them "pop" and yellow stickles in the center of the larger open poppies. Very simple, but I like it!

My Yoga workshop yesterday was wonderful! We spent 2 hours learning and practicing meditation. I felt so energized and focused at the end of it - and slept so GOOD last night when it was time for bed. I intend to make meditation a part of my daily life - morning would be best to help energize me for the day, and if it's part of my life (like brushing my teeth) there is scientific evidence that it improves health and mental clarity. I could certainly use both! Having said that, I'm going to sign-off and go meditate a bit before church.

Namaste.

11 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

So GORGEOUS!!!!

Carla said...

This is gorgeous Sharli!! Love it!

Karen B. said...

Wow! You are now the master on this technique!

Scossie Jane said...

Stunning colour combination on this card Sharli, and the detail on the poppies really makes them pop - love it xx

Leslie said...

Wow, beautiful card. I really like those flowers.
I envy you your yoga.

Laurel said...

This is gorgeous!

Alanna said...

This is SO gorgeous. I love the yellow and black together. These just jump right off the page.

And how excellent that your yoga class went so well.

Jeanne said...

This is stunning! (I wanted to use another word besides gorgeous...it is that, too!) I love the honey and black together. It really pops! Wonderful work, Sharli!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time at your yoga workshop. Anything that helps energize and then helps you sleep sounds excellent in my book!

Have a wonderful week!

Julia Aston said...

I love your poppy garden Sharli! that white on yellow really is stunning!

and your Yoga class sounds wonderful - I need to take the time to meditate - or even just to be still!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is gorgeous, Sharli!!! I love this stamp ... and the fab color combination!! My new-favorite Sharli card!!

Unknown said...

LOVE it, Sharli! The more you share about your yoga, the more I'm motivated to begin it. I'm in NW Ohio for a few weeks with my parents & I truly need some quiet, meditative time. Blessings!