Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Something other than Roses?

Happy Tuesday! This card was a recent challenge (I believe) that I didn't participate in but I saw so many pretty things done with the template that I came up with my own version! I used the Close-to-My-Heart April stamp of the Month and the CTMH paper pack Zippidee (and that dotted green piece from Magic Moments that's still out on my craft table!!! - do you do that too?)

Work was good today - I developed a bit of a headache in the afternoon but it's gone now so no worries. I went to visit my SIL after work - she's coming off dialysis (thank God!) and they are very hopeful that she will begin to improve. She did open her eyes and smile at me - such a gift!!! It's like a gambling addiction, I think (I don't know because I don't gamble) but I can go there 7, 8, 9 days without her knowing I'm there, and then once - she will smile at me, and I'm just in heaven! We spent the hour holding hands and praying together. I know you are holding her close and I appreciate all the help.

Hugs!


7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sharli, this is an excellent card, challenge or no challenge. I really like what you did with the image, stamping (or cutting) the image so it gradually moves across the card. Very visually appealing.

What wonderful news about your SIL. I truly hope that she is indeed on the road to recovery and there will be no, or fewer, setbacks! You are wonderful for keeping the faith with her!

Kathi Carlson said...

I love your card, Sharli! It's happy!!

Glad to hear your SIL is improving. Hope it continues.

Hope, too, your Hump Day is wonderful!

Alanna said...

Your card is so pretty Sharli. I'm glad to hear that your SIl had a good day. How powerful a smaile can be.

Lori said...

Hi Sharli. Your card is so bright and cheery. So, happy that your SIL is coming along.

Deb Neerman said...

Lovin' this sketch, Sharli ... and that SOTM and the DP. Such a gorgeous cards and a fab color combination!

Glad to hear that your SIL is doing a bit better, Sweetie!

Curt in Indy said...

Love your stamping technique on this one!!! Such pretty colors too and the paper is beautiful! Love this card! You are such a sweet person. Your SIL is so lucky to have you by her side. You are an angel. . .Best, Curt

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card!! Your SIL is Blessed to have you as family!!