Thursday, May 13, 2010

Honey

This small card (I believe it was 3 1/2 x 4 1/4) was inspired by this card by Karen Baker at The Bald Dragonfly. I fell in love with the color combination - but I went about making this card very differently than Karen did! The image is one of my new Hero Arts stamps - and it's a negative image. So, my cardstock is Daisy White (CTMH) and everywhere you see yellow, it's Close-to-My-Heart Honey ink. Then I took a black pen and outlined it to make the flowers really "POP". It really wasn't hard at all!

Thursday evening - another busy and productive day at work and I'm so ready for Friday!!! I had a yummy dinner tonight. I had an beautiful ear of white corn on the cob begging to be eaten fresh! On a whim, I decided to substitute my usual "pat of butter" for a "drizzle of lime infused olive oil". I allowed just a tad of freshly grated sea salt . . . Oh My Goodness! The lime and the corn were a marriage made in heaven! I don't think I need to even buy butter any longer! This is one of the blessings of living alone - if I want to eat an ear of corn for dinner, that's just fine! LOL

Hugs!

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, Sharli! What a gorgeous card! I really like how the colors work together and the details you added!

Your corn sounds yummy...good for you for trying something new!

Have a happy Friday!

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Leslie said...

Great card. I love the way you made this with the negative image. The honey really makes it stand out. So neat.

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh my goodness... That is one classy looking card. The outlining makes the image come alive. I love it.

Corn on the cob sounds so good as does your substitute for butter.

It's Friday! I hope your weekend gets off to a great start and stays that way!! Take care, friend!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - great card Sharli! love the black outlining and the white and yellow contrast - and your corn on the cob dinner sounds delish!!

Unknown said...

Sharli, your color combo and design are GREAT! I forget to think out of the box as you have--and also use the Cuttlebug! Have a good weekend, and thanks for sharing your new butter sub. :)

Hetty Hall said...

Sharli, you really rock these cards, very talented indeed.

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is fabulous!! My new-favorite-Sharli card!! Has Karen seen it?!? I predict she'll love it, too!!

Sending hugs!!

Karen B. said...

Oh my dear goodness, you've brought tears to my eyes! Good tears! I love your card so much! This is THE most highest compliment that any one can ever give, showcasing their wonderful creation based on something that I've inspired them to do. Thank you so very much! Your colors, textures and images work so wonderfully together!

Michele Gross said...

Such a wonderful compliment to Karen's card. She is such a spectacular designer...I know you've warmed her heart beyond belief!