Sunday, May 9, 2010

More Poppy Resist

First, let me share my heartfelt greetings to everyone who has or had a Mother! And for those of you who are Mom's - I send my wishes for a perfect day filled with undercooked eggs and crayon-drawn cards! ;-)

This card is another with the fabulous stamp from Hero Arts called Poppy (something). I'm really enjoying these negative image stamps - because you can do this awesome resist thing with them! Last summer I taught a technique at my monthly Open Stamping called "Ghost" - and it's basically taking the resist technique one step further - and removing the clear embossing after you've used it as a mask. You do that with scrap paper and a hot iron. (be sure to use a clean piece of paper each time or you'll spend hours cleaning your iron!) I think I'd like that on this card - because the "shiny" doesn't really do it for me. Anyway - the cardstock and design paper as well as all the inks I used are from Close-to-My-Heart. The colors for the Poppies were Tulip, Hollyhock and Sorbet. The stems were drawn in with the Chocolate marker.

Hugs!

7 comments:

Scossie Jane said...

Happy Mother's Day Sharli, I had a lovely day with DD and DGD's, it's tomorrow now (know what I mean!! LOL)...

Loving this resist technique, bvery effective, and I like the shine...

((((Hugs))))

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Sharli and what beautiful poppy resist cards. Great designs and technique. You are so good at this and you shine in this element. TFS your awesome talent.

Kathi Carlson said...

Happy Mother's Day, Sharli! Your card is absolultely gorgeous. Love the way you stamped it on the patterned paper. As for "resist," I'm having a hard time resisting the stamp. LOL.

Have a great week, friend!!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this Sharli! And I love that stamp ... so cool!

Love the resist technique ... but this "ghost" technique sounds like real work! I'll have to check it out ... cuz the shiny really doesn't do it for me either, lolol!

Carolyn said...

Such a pretty card!
Hope U had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Julia Aston said...

How pretty Sharli! love the text bg and the beautiful flowers - the colorsa are super on this! Happy Mother's Day!