Wednesday, July 22, 2009

THE Ghosting Technique

By popular demand . . . the Ghosting Technique! If you click on the photo, it will get large enough to read the instructions! I learned that sometimes it takes two pieces of scrap cardstock to lift off all of the embossing. I also learned that you need to grab a fresh piece rather than just flipping the first piece over if you want to protect your iron from getting gooey embossing stuff on the surface.

I left for work well-rested and happy - had a great day at work and am home again feeling more balanced. Chloe had a rough day though - she had to go to the mechanic! First on the list was just a routine oil change which she enjoys, but we've also been having problems with the battery. It's been making me crazy (-ier) to have to always drive straight home and put the charger on the car. UGH! Turns out that not only was the battery bad, but my alternator wasn't working right either. Isn't that strange? They tell me that alternators used to work, or not work, but that isn't true any more with the new cars - apparently they can now "sorta" work. (deep sigh!) So, Chloe is all better now. (again). :-)

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Thanks for sharing this technique. It's so pretty!

Glad to hear Chloe is better and that at least one of us is well-rested. LOL! Have a wonderful Thursday!

Unknown said...

Sharli, thanks for sharing "ghosting"! I'm going to get the nerve to try this--even tho I may make a huge mess of it. Yea for Chloe--keep her happy and running well. :D I've been so busy babysitting and supervising the honey-do projects, I haven't gotten into my studio and I'm getting grumpy!

Scossie Jane said...

Wow Sharli, that Ghosting technique looks awesome, will have to give it a go - haven't heard of it before, thanks for sharing xx